Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The A-train route

West 4th street, 14th street, 34th street Penn Station and 42nd strret, and 59th streets are the major hub of the A-train line. From their, one can connect to Brooklyn's JAzz 966 weekly Friday night event the Fort Green senior Citizen center, Brooklyn's best kept jazz secret, It was here I first met Sweet Georgia Browne, even The Stoic are hard pressed not to swing as some of the most notable names in jazz take to the stage! Or to St Nicks pub @ 149th street in Harlem , it's been a while since I last visited. The Obarria dempsey Center,in Harlem, where "Mr Blues" led the Awards to unsung jazz heroes and I heard the most authentic rendition of Southern Blues a 'trin gal" could have the privelege of hearing! You can also connect to the "G' Train, to SugarHill Restaurant, where Ms Alma Carrol introduced me to Evelyn Blakey whose throaty rendition , took me back to the "squeak easies' I can only read about

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2005 at 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

 
At May 5, 2006 at 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

refinance home mortgage home equity loans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home